[00:33 -24:56] The Winding Path of Personal and Professional Growth
- Herb’s unconventional career path with unexpected turns
- Motivation to create their own narrative
- The dare that led to starting the podcast
- Overcoming the challenge of being unheard and finding a voice
[24:57 – 33:14] Mental Health Crisis and the Need for Support
- The rising rates of mental health issues among individuals, including children
- Importance of early intervention and access to mental health services
- Strategies for promoting mental well-being and resilience in families
- Addressing the stigma surrounding mental health and promoting open conversations
[33:15 – 39:23] Addressing Pediatric Healthcare Challenges
- Allocate budget to pay off pediatricians’ student loans.
- Provide financial aid to hospitals with pediatric beds.
- Improve public health outcomes, not shift funding constantly.
- Invest in pediatric healthcare to reduce respiratory illness risks and worries for families with young children.
[39:24 – 45:00] Importance of Pediatrician Voices at the Table
- Pediatricians provide expertise on child health and development in decision-making.
- They ensure children’s unique needs are considered in policy and decision-making.
- Pediatricians promote evidence-based practices for children’s health and well-being.
- Pediatricians educate parents and the public about child health issues.
[45:01 – 50:55] Closing segment Takeaway
You can reach Dr. Bravo and Dr. Rogu
Links to resources mentioned on the show
Pediatric Lounge Podcast
Other episodes you may like:
Key quotes for Twitter:
“I think Chuck Chavanau. He’s a brilliant pediatrician. He was extremely obsessive/compulsive. He would call the NiCU 4 times before he went to bed and he’d be like, yeah. Anything I need to know?” …Dr. Bravo talking about doctors who have made an impression on him in his early years
“…And he told me, George, never be afraid of giving medications. Never be afraid of the patient. We’ll do whatever it takes to make the patient better”… Dr. Rogu talking about Dr. Jez, a Polish physician that had a great influence on him in his early years
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Pediatric Meltdown was listed as a Top 20 Pediatric Podcast on Feedspot!
If you’d like to connect with me, you can Tap the “What Are Your Thoughts” button at the top of the notes or you can find me on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, or email me at [email protected]. To learn more about me visit
LOVE WHAT YOU HEARD? Leave us a 5-star review so we can continue to provide you with great content. Share this episode and help people know more about children’s health and well-being.